Last updated: 22nd July 2019
This policy only refers to this marketing website. Data stored on Tapestry (the application this website refers to) is covered by a completely different policy. You can access that from the security page on this website or from within your Tapestry account.
We are Tapestry Journal Pty Ltd. We are registered at Suite 1102, Level 11, 50 Margaret Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000. If you have any questions about anything in this policy please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Our data protection officer is called Lauren Foley and can be contacted directly by emailing email@example.com.
What data do we collect and when?
- For us to record whether you take out a free trial.
If you fill in your email address in the newsletter sign up box, you give consent for the following:
- For us to collect your email address, share it with Zoho and use it to send you our newsletter.
Our website also uses Mouseflow: a website analytics tool that provides session replay, heatmaps, funnels, form analytics, feedback campaigns, and similar features/functionality. By using our website you consent to the collection of:
- Basic information about you such as your anonymised IP address, language, time zone, browser, operating system, device type (desktop/tablet/phone), screen resolution, visitor type (first time/returning), referrer, and location (city/country).
- Data containing your clicks, mouse movements, scrolling, pages visited, and time on site. Mouseflow does not collect any information on pages where it is not installed, nor does it track or collect information outside your web browser.
Why do we collect it?
We collect information from the computer you use to access our site so we can:
- Show you the correct version of the site for where you are based e.g. if you are in Australia, we will redirect you to our Australian version of the site.
- See viewing patterns such as whether multiple page visits are from an individual computer or from lots of different computers. That helps us understand what content visitors want to see and therefore gives us an idea of what we should make more of, both for this information website and the Tapestry application.
- See what information makes people take out a free trial. This also helps us to understand what features are popular and therefore what we should focus on developing.
We collect your email address when you give it to us in the newsletter sign up form so we can:
- Send you our newsletter.
We collect information about what is accessed within that newsletter and where from so we can:
- See if there are any patterns around the sorts of things readers want to see, which helps inform us about the content we should include.
Our lawful basis for all of the above collection is consent. That can be withdrawn at any point.
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser. If you do not consent to cookies you will still be able to navigate around the website but your experience of it might be negatively affected. Your viewing patterns will not be considered when we are deciding what content to add next to this website and the Tapestry application. You can also withdraw consent by not using this website.
If you do not give us your email address in the newsletter sign up box, or email us to unsubscribe, or unsubscribe from the newsletter you will not receive our newsletter.
You can opt out of Mouseflow here: https://mouseflow.com/opt-out. You can also withdraw consent by not using this website.
How do we store your data and who do we share it with?
We use Google analytics to collect, analyse, and store the data gathered from cookies and other tracking technologies. We will also tell them if you take out a free trial although we do not pass on any details you give us when signing up for the trial e.g. your email address. This may mean that the data is transferred outside of the country you are based in. In all cases google analytics comply with legal frameworks relating to the transfer of data, such as the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks. The data processed by Google Analytics will not include any personally identifying information but will include statistical data for establishing patterns.
We use Wistia to store and display videos on our site. This may mean that the data is transferred outside of the country you are based in but they also comply with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks.
We use Mouseflow to collect and analyse the viewing patterns of visitors to our site. Data is not transferred outside the EEA. No personal data is ever sent or shared between websites. The script does not use third-party cookies and none of the data is shared with third parties except for highly summarised data (i.e. usage share of browsers, average screen size, etc.).
We have reviewed the Wistia, Google Analytics, Mouseflow, and Zoho privacy policies and are content that they will handle your data in an appropriate way. Here are their privacy policies for if you would like to review them yourself:
Preventing more data from being collected and deleting the existing data we have for you
If you no longer want cookies to be enabled on your device, you can block them from within your browser.
If you would like to opt out of Mouseflow you can do so from https://mouseflow.com/opt-out. If you’d like to obtain a copy of your data, make a correction, or have it erased, please contact us first or, as a secondary option, contact Mouseflow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you decide you no longer want to receive our newsletter you can unsubscribe at any point. You will be able to do that from any of newsletters you have received, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Your personal information will then be removed from Zoho and our records regarding newsletters. That can take up to 5 working days to be processed, so if you unsubscribe on the day the next newsletter is meant to go out, you will likely still receive it.
If we change anything about which data we collect or how we handle it, we will update this policy to reflect that. You can see when the last time we updated our policy from the date at the very start of this policy. Please review it regularly.
If we change anything substantial or anything that could reasonably affect you negatively and we have your email address, we will contact you to let you know.